Wednesday, August 5, 2009

pixels to cubes

Pixel men now in 3d!

I am not sure if one of my most primary influences has made an appearance on these pages, so I will confess directly to a primal desire for video games and all that is interactive pixels. I have been trying for a while to find a link between the activities of my thumbs and the direction of my creative career. Soon I believe I will break out into an expression of architecture as rendered and experienced through a screen and interface, but until then I will use my modeling programs to convert 2d pixel experiments into 3d pixel experiments.

Original illustration as adapted from a photograph

I am not arguing that these early attempts are great, they are only the first real try at a form of illustration that has gained popularity recently. The brilliant indie game blog Offworld has done a great job at showcasing examples of artists who have also converted their love of video games into their individual crafts. A great example is the work of Tibori Design, who has a diverse gallery of 2d games taken to the next unseen dimension.

Work by the always excellent Tibori Design

No comments: