Sunday, August 30, 2009

Site Visit

at the moment of taking this pic I realized that photography could be a very fulfilling profession to pursue

Recently for my current job we were required to make a standard site visit to the area we are currently working with. The main goal was to survey all the available buildings we would be working with in order to create a quick sheet set of the existing facilities. I took advantage of our beautiful site and took some choice shots of this now derelict cotton co-op.


My entire time at the site felt less like an architectural survey and more like an archaeology exercise. We were pioneers in a place that has been tucked away from public screening, and our understanding of the ruins were fundamental at best. From our backgrounds we could understand structure, but we could not answer why such odd structural arrangements were composed in these alien interiors. We had mere remnants of evidence to deduce as to what function these strange abandoned machines served. I definitely kept myself from activating any hidden switch or lever in case it would cause spikes to shoot from the walls or release a giant stone ball to roll down a ramp. My experience with Indiana Jones has taught me that much at least.

If would like to see the rest of these photos then please check out my flickr.

No comments: