Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
To elaborate on the previous post, I will describe the process I used to develop these series of Orange renders. The model I used to generate these renders is the product of a sleep deprived evening as the result of a surplus of caffeine. I used basic rules to construct an eisenmen style form, with a resulting model that looked very similar to ancient Design I exercises. When I was not satisfied with my clunky first draft model, I dramatically scaled it to create a more delicate and intricate form.
a clean transition of the various stage of render
Once I had a model I liked I then began to extract views. While in these fixed perspectives, I began to color certain vertical and horizontal elements. By controlling the color conditions through the micro, I conjured a whole composition in the macro. The final images I generate are a composite of multiple different render styles, including the prominent podium base render.
a view from up top, these perspectives determined overall color placement choices
Friday, October 16, 2009
I think in some kind of delirious haze I was mystically encouraged to pursue rampant creativity. In the midst of this haze I devised a simple workflow in Sketchup that culminated something interesting. I am still uncertain if this image is satisfactory, but its origin is akin to the process I derive my sketches from. Maybe this is the true use of this frustrating program.