Sunday, October 25, 2009

Explaining the process

To elaborate on the previous post, I will describe the process I used to develop these series of Orange renders. The model I used to generate these renders is the product of a sleep deprived evening as the result of a surplus of caffeine. I used basic rules to construct an eisenmen style form, with a resulting model that looked very similar to ancient Design I exercises. When I was not satisfied with my clunky first draft model, I dramatically scaled it to create a more delicate and intricate form.
a clean transition of the various stage of render

Once I had a model I liked I then began to extract views. While in these fixed perspectives, I began to color certain vertical and horizontal elements. By controlling the color conditions through the micro, I conjured a whole composition in the macro. The final images I generate are a composite of multiple different render styles, including the prominent podium base render.

a view from up top, these perspectives determined overall color placement choices

1 comment:

jeremy wahlberg said...

animated gif, very nice touch! scaled objects? hm?